Athletes must record their body weight at some point during the week of the qualifier. Body weights will be submitted, along with scores, for validation. Body weights are to be recorded in whole pounds only (no decimals). For example, if an athlete weighs in at 165.7 lb., their weight will be recorded as 165.
For the video submissions, follow this procedure:
1. Shoes, weight belts and knee sleeves may be removed prior to recording body weight.
2. Place the scale on a hard, even surface.
3. Zoom in on the scale to show that the scale, whether digital or analog, is set to zero.
4. Keeping the scale in the frame, zoom out so that both the athlete and the scale are completely visible. With the entire athlete and scale visible in the frame, have the athlete stand on the scale. With the athlete standing on the scale, the videographer then moves in close to the scale so that the number can be clearly seen on the video.
5. Review the video to make sure that the lift, weight used, and body weight were properly recorded (and all numbers were clearly viewable on video).
This procedure may be done at any point during the week of the qualifier, depending on the athlete’s preference. Edited or cut videos will not be accepted.